Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Birds of Pandemonium

This book is a page-turner





This is the third post in a series on birds (begun Jan 27th) and the people who care about them.

I love birds and when I saw this book at my library, I plucked it from the shelf and thought: this looks interesting.  From the moment I began reading, I found it difficult to put this book down.

Michelle Raffin is more than an avian advocate and preservationist; she is a gifted writer with a natural voice that invites readers in and compels them to stay. The story of how she came to found Pandemonium, dedicated to breeding and caring for avian species, has many twists and turns. Her accounts of birds she has known and loved made me laugh and cry, and recharged my resolve to help protect birds and their habitats.

Please help avian species facing extinction due to the destruction of their natural habitats by making a donation to Pandemonium Aviaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment