Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lady in Waiting

Lady is a joyful, two-year old, pure bred German Shepherd. She’s such a good girl and her Mom, Cheryl, is awesome. It’s always a pleasure when she calls to ask if I can look after Lady.

Cheryl has an affinity for this breed and has shared her life with several gorgeous dogs. Sadly, she lost her beloved Sargent last summer. He became extremely ill in his senior years and eventually developed severe seizures. Cheryl dedicated herself to ensuring that he was as comfortable as possible, and when not working, rarely left his side in the last months of his life. She is one of the few people I know who truly understands why I am doing the same for my Rachmaninoff.

I will be spending some time with Lady today and this is just what I need. She's good medicine for me and helps me stay strong for Rock. When I get there, she will be waiting to go out and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment